Early College Credit Program (ECCP)


Under the proposed Early College Credit program, any public high school pupil may enroll in an institution of higher education–defined to include a UW System institution, a technical college within the WTCS, a tribal college, or a private, nonprofit institution of higher education located in this state–for the purpose of taking one or more nonsectarian courses, including during a summer semester or session.

Pupils must submit an application to the institution of higher education during the previous semester and must indicate on the application whether they will be taking the course or courses for high school credit or post-secondary credit or both, if applicable. An institution of higher education must admit a pupil to attend a course if the pupil meets the requirements and prerequisites of the course and there is space available in the course.

Application Instructions

  • Talk with your high school counselor to see if it’s a good fit for you. They will consider how the class aligns with academic plans and whether you meet the pre-requisite for taking a college level class. Ask when, and to whom, the materials must be submitted to at your high school.
  • Request information from the institution of higher education where you’d like to take classes
  • Obtain an ECCP participation form from your high school counselor or download it from the links below. 

External LinkUniversity of Wisconsin System Application

External LinkWisconsin Association of Independent Colleges and Universities (WAICU) Application

  • Submit your completed form to your school officials by the March 1st for summer and fall courses and October 1 for spring courses.
  • Follow the application or registration requirements at the campus or program you’d like to take classes with.
  • Make sure to submit any required documentation (i.e.high school transcripts along with any prerequisite documentation (AP scores))
  • Enroll in your class